Posts

‘Atin ang ‘Pinas, China layas!’

Isang kilos-protesta sa Araw ng Kagitingan ang isinagawa ng iba’t-ibang grupo sa pangunguna ng Pilipinong Nagkakaisa para sa Soberanya o P1NAS sa Konsulado ng Tsinasa Makati City ngayong araw, Abril 9.

Nananawagan sila na itigil ng China ang panghihimasok nito sa teritoryo ng bansa kabilang na ang mga isla sa West Philippine Sea (WPS).

Ayon sa P1NAS, sa kabila ng panalo ng bansa sa International Tribunal ay patuloy pa rin ang pag-okupa ng China at pag-angkin sa ilang isla sa WPS.

Binatikos ng P1NAS ang administrasyong Duterte at nagbabala sa posibleng pagkabaon sa utang ng bansa kapag nagpatuloy pa ang pag-utang nito sa China para sa mga proyekto tulad ng Kaliwa Dam Project at iba pang kwestiyonableng kasunduan. (Bidyo ni: Joseph Cuevas/ Kodao)

‘Hindi sagot ang Balikatan’

Bayan: Send Pemberton to Bilibid

Bagong Alyansang Makabayan and other patriotic organisations held a protest rally in front of Camp Aguinaldo last December 4 to condemn what they believe is preferential treatment to convicted killer US Marine Lance Corporal Joseph Scott Pemberton.

According to Aaron Bonette, chairperson of the LGBTQ organisation Bahaghari, Philippine President Benigno Aquino killed Filipino transgender Jennifer Laude for agreeing to a special facility for the US soldier instead of a national Filipino prison as originally ordered by the trial court that convicted him.

The US refused to turn over to Philippine authorities after his conviction last December 1 and instead insisted that Pemberton be brought back to the military camp where it has its own facilities.

Both Philippine and US governments are reported to be jointly building a new jail for Pemberton in accordance with Visiting Forces Agreement provisions.

Patriotic organisations however say that the move is not only unjust to the victim but is in fact another violation of Philippine sovereignty by the US government.

The protest rally also called on the abrogation of the Visiting Forces Agreementbetween the US and Philippine governments. #

US Marine found guilty of killing Filipino transgender

Militant organizations cheered as the Olongapo Regional Trial Court found US Marine Lance Corporal Joseph Scott guilty of homicide for killing Filipino transgender Jennifer Laude.

Led by the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan, they held a vigil rally last December 1 as the promulgation of the judgement was ongoing.

Bayan secretary general Renato Reyes Jr said that the Filipino people should remain vigilant on where the convict would be jailed.

Their fears were proven correct soon after as the Philippine government agreed to returning Pemberton to the US-controlled facility Joint US Military Advisory Group compound inside Camp Aguinaldo.

This move violated the court’s order that Pemberton should first be committed to a Philippine jail facility such as the National Bilibid Prisons pending formal agreements on where the convict should serve the rest of his jail term.

Pemberton should be committed to a Philippine jail, militants insist

Militant organizations held a protest rally while the promulgation of the judgement on US Marine Lance Corporal Joseph Scott Pemberton was being read at the Olongapo Regional Trial Court last December 1.

Pemberton was found guilty of committing homicide in connection with the death of Filipino transgender Jennifer Laude last year.

He was sentenced to a minimum of six year and a maximum of 12 years for the crime.

While declaring partial victory over the conviction of the US soldier, the militants said that he should be jailed in a Philippine correctional facility.

They warned that the US government may initiate moves to take custody of the convict and that the Philippine government may agree to such machinations.

They were proven correct when the US and Philippine government immediately agreed to transport Pemberton to a US facility inside Camp Aquinaldo last night.

The move is contrary to the explicit instructions of the court to bring Pemberton to a national jail such as the National Bilibid Prisons.

Militants hold rally at SC vs EDCA

As the Philippine Supreme Court is about to release its ruling on the petition to declare the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement between the United States of America and Philippine government unconstitutional, petitioners belonging to the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan staged a rally in front of the Court to reiterate their opposition to foreign military presence in the country.

Here is a video report of the event.